If you have ongoing issues with technology to support learning at home, even after visiting our support pages (such as Getting Started with Your iPad) please fill out the Technical Support for Families form. You can use the form to let us know what issues you are having with NYCDOE iPads or other devices including:
Status or delivery of iPad request
Reporting a lost or stolen device
Support for sign in and use of iPad or other DOE devices
Help with applications (including Google Classroom)
If the form doesn’t offer the answers you need, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will get in touch with you and try to solve your problem.
The form is only available in English, so if you need assistance filling out the form you can contact your school.
The parent coordinator or principal can get language help for you.
PS 89 Tech Support
# Before contacting the Service Desk, take a few minutes to go through the following checklist items. This may help you solve your problem and save you some time.
1. Check Connections – Check all power connections to the power outlet or surge protector. Check the back of the machine for securely connected cables for power, video, mouse, keyboard, Ethernet cables, wifi, etc. Check the Ethernet cable connection to the wall outlet or Wifi connection to the wireless router.
2. Power – Confirm that the computer is on.
3. Reboot – Shutdown the system. Wait 30 seconds and restart.
4. Valid Passwords – Confirm that you are logged into the user using a valid user account ID and password.
5. Software – If the problem is with a DOE application, check other applications to determine if they are working properly. Does the problem happen in just one program, or is it fairly random?
6. Internet – If the problem is with the Internet, try several other web sites (i.e. Google).
7. Co-workers/Students/Parents – Check with other users in your area to determine if they are experiencing the same problem. If so, one person should report the problem to the Service Desk.
8. Operating System – If the problem appears to be with the operating system, save all data immediately.
9. Error Message – If you receive an error message, write the exact message down and report it to the Service Desk.
10. Last Function – Make a note of the last function or operation that you completed before the system malfunctioned.
11. Detailed Information – When you contact the Service Desk to submit an online incident, please provide your serial or asset numbers, first & last name, email and a detailed description of the problem. Hours of operation are from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (Monday to Friday) please be patient and allow some time for the service desk to investigate the problem.